The Shoshone stretch on the Colorado River runs through the gorgeous Glenwood Canyon. Rock walls tower above the river and hotsprings abound in the lower section. Along with amazing views, it offers a mile of Class III rapids, followed by a scenic float. This stretch is a great introduction to whitewater, and is fun for all ages. There are numerous spots to take a swim on hot days or start a water fight with other boats. When the trip is over, enjoy a fresh lunch served at our private take-out.
Triple Thriller: For those looking for a bit more intensity on the Shoshone Rapids, we have the option of the Triple Thriller. Run the 1 mile stretch of rapids three times! Our guides make sure this trip is filled with excitement by running the rapids differently each time. Try going through backwards or spinning in a circle!
- Rating: Class III (Intermediate – See note)
- AM trip $116 adults, $106 kids; BBQ lunch, 6-1/2 hrs
- PM trip $105 adults, $95 kids; refreshments, 5-1/2 hrs
- PM Triple Thriller**$110 adults, $100 kids; refreshments, 5-1/2hrs
- Season: July through mid-October
- Put In: Shoshone
- Take Out: Private Takeout in W. Glenwood Springs
- Refreshments: Served at Private Takeout following the trip
* The Shoshone run is rated class II if rafters join the trip at Grizzly Creek, one mile below the regular starting point at the Shoshone power plant.
**Triple Thriller p.m. trip, takes rafters through the Shoshone Rapids three times.